1. Hitachi Adds Medium-capacity Injection Pump to Series
Targeting the oil and gas market particular in the Middle East region, Hitachi has developed a large-capacity injection pump for oil-well drilling compatible with the American Petroleum Institute (API) 610, which applies the latest technologies. Actual load demonstration tests conducted in the field verified its high level of reliability. Now Hitachi has applied these latest technologies to a medium-capacity injection pump as a new addition to the series. The new injection pump is a high-pressure multi-stage pump with a drive output of around 4,300 kW that injects sea water at high pressure (approximately 20 MPa) into the crude oil layer underground during oil-well drilling.
The main features are as follows.
- As the pump handles sea water, it uses duplex stainless steel with excellent strength and corrosion resistance to ensure high reliability.
- High efficiency is achieved with a pump impeller design that uses high-precision computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and lifecycle costs are also reduced.
- Achieves low-vibration operation by rotor dynamics evaluation and verification.
- Reduces the size and extends the life of auxiliary equipment by employing the latest components for shaft seals and bearings.
Hitachi will continue to contribute to the stable supply of energy in the future by promoting the supply of high-reliability injection pumps to the oil and gas market.