1. IoT High-reliability Wireless Solution
The rapid spread of the Internet of Things (IoT) has spurred demand for flexible and reliable communications. Hitachi offers the IoT high-reliability wireless solution to provide reliable and flexible connections over wireless communications and integrates optimum wireless networks catering to specific market needs and environments.
The main features are as follows.
- 1. Optimum selection of frequency bands and type of wireless systems
- The appropriate wireless system is applied across the wide frequency range of 200 MHz to 60 GHz, depending on the presence of geographical features and obstacles, as well as the required transmission speed.
- 2. Technologies to provide increased reliability under severe environments
- Interference canceller and beam forming technologies that remove radio interference and other unwanted signals are employed.
- Wireless transmission technologies (automated re-transmission technologies, diversity technologies) adept at handling unstable environments.
In addition to disaster prevention and mitigation, the IoT high-reliability wireless solution can be applied as a means of communication across a wide range of social infrastructure and industrial scenarios, such as various rail, plant, construction sites and through the utilization of drones. For example, to prevent secondary disasters following a large earthquake, the 200 MHz band, which is suited to non-line-of-sight communications, and the 5 GHz band, which enables long-distance, high-capacity transmission, are used to build a wireless network for the purpose of transmitting surveillance footage.
(Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc.)