1. “Vacuum Compartment” Large Capacity Refrigerator
Hitachi has released a series of “vacuum compartment” large capacity refrigerators that can preserve the taste of food in the chilled compartment, the vegetable compartment, and the freezer compartment through the use of three unique technologies to keep food fresh*. The main features are as follows.
- 1. Vacuum-chilled compartment
- The chilled compartment maintains the temperature at approx. -1°C, keeping meat and fish from freezing. Furthermore, the vacuum structure of the compartment reduces oxygen, suppressing oxidation, and the use of a new platinum catalyst, which increases the generation of carbon dioxide, inhibits enzyme activity on the surface of food, thus preserving the taste of food.
- 2. Vegetable compartment
- By adopting a new platinum catalyst, the vegetable compartment uses the effect of carbon dioxide to store vegetables in a sleep-like state. The compartment also keeps moisture in, helping to prevent drying, thus ensuring vegetables retain their freshness and nutrients.
- 3. Quick-freezing aluminum tray
- The spacious, thin case at the top layer of the bottom of the freezer compartment uses a new quick-freezing function to maintain the taste of meat and fish and the nutrients of vegetables. The case is fitted with a large aluminum tray to create ample space to store food without stacking and it is also equipped with temperature sensor that detects when warm food is stored, enabling the food to be frozen quickly.
(Hitachi Appliances, Inc.)
- Effectiveness varies depending on operating conditions and the type, state and volume of the food stored.