1. Large-capacity Refrigerator with “Vacuum Compartment”
Hitachi has launched the large-capacity XG Series refrigerator that uses a variety of technologies to keep food fresh and nutritious*.
The main features are as follows.
- Vacuum compartment that minimizes the oxidization and drying of food. This uses a new platinum catalyst (containing ruthenium) with an improved capability for generating carbon dioxide gas to keep food fresh by suppressing the action of enzymes on the food surface.
- The new platinum catalyst is also used in the vegetable compartment to sustain the freshness of vegetables by utilizing the effect of carbon dioxide gas to suppress vegetable respiration.
- The lower freezer compartment is equipped with a large aluminum tray and a special temperature sensor to freeze food quickly and automatically, keeping it in good condition.
- A new spot cooling function that keeps the third and fourth levels in the refrigerator compartment at a constant temperature of around 2°C, maintaining the freshness of food stored in the compartment. If a warm container is placed on the right-hand side of these spaces, it is detected by a special temperature sensor and automatically rapid-cooled to prevent temperature rise in nearby items.
(Hitachi Appliances, Inc.)
- Effects vary depending on the operating conditions and the type, condition, and quantity of food.