The following standards and guidelines are used for determining the scope of the information collected on the Hitachi Group's environmental load, for establishing base year data, and for collating results.
Calculation methods for environmental load data
|Environment Information Item
||Standards, Guidelines, Laws and Regulations, etc.
- ISO 14064-1, which is based on the Greenhouse Gas Protocol (GHG Protocol) developed by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development
- Manual for Calculating and Reporting Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Rev. 2.4 (Ministry of the Environment, Japan)
- Japan's Waste Disposal and Public Cleansing Law
- Flow of Industrial Waste Treatment (Ministry of the Environment, Japan)
|Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and chemical substances
- Japan's Pollutant Release and Transfer Registers (PRTR) Law