1. Connected Appliances: Camera-equipped Refrigerator
Hitachi has released the HXCC-type of large-capacity refrigerator connected home appliance which is equipped with a refrigerator camera*1 that allows users to check the foodstuffs in the refrigerator with a smartphone app from outside the home.
The key features are as follows:
- The camera installed in the upper part of the refrigerator unit automatically films the refrigerator shelves and the left and right door pockets when the refrigerator door is opened, and the images can be checked from the application for Hitachi refrigerators. This reduces the number of cases where the user forgets to buy something or repurchase food ingredients already on-hand to support daily foodstuff management.
- Featuring a thin wall design in the ceiling section and other areas, it expands the rated internal capacity by 15 L over existing units while maintaining a width of 685 mm to achieve a large capacity size of 617 L*2. To improve usability, the top shelf of the refrigerator can now store 500 mL plastic bottles in an upright position.
- The refrigerator adopts the moisture cooling feature*3 to keep the entire shelving space at a temperature of approximately 2°C and a humidity of approximately 80%. The low temperature storage of approximately 2°C maintains freshness for a long period of time no matter where food is placed, and the high humidity reduces dryness.
(Hitachi Global Life Solutions, Inc.)
- Depending on the location where foodstuffs are stored, some areas may not be recorded by the camera.
- Based on a comparison of the R-HXCC62S FY2022 product (rated internal capacity of 617 L) and the R-HX60R (rated internal capacity of 602 L) FY2021 product.
- Moisture cooling does not include the door pockets.